Summer AI Camp for High School Students – August 2020 in Dubai
Dubai Summer Camp Opportunities & Scholarships
Two Week AI August Camp at WEK (GEMS Wellington Academy, Al Khail, Dubai UAE) hosted by My Path To Uni!
Aug 16 – 27th
10 days for all levels of High School students wanting to learn AI even at the undergraduate level
Additional Networking and Info sessions for Stanford University & Elite University Applications and Guidance (Dates to Follow)
(More information to follow for GEMS student scholarship application details in March 2020)
Inspirit AI Camps
Location: (WEK) GEMS Wellington Academy, Al Khail, Dubai UAE
Dates: August 16th – August 27th 2020 (10 days, weekdays only)
Morning (8am – 12 Noon) or afternoon batch (1pm – 5pm)
Prerequisites: Students from complete beginner (beginner batch) to experienced programmers (advanced batch)
To apply for the program, use the form and application link via www.inspiritai.com
GEMS Student Scholarships will be available yet further details will be announced later in the Spring regarding this additional application.
Phone: +1 (650) 289-8553
More information – as hosted on our Spring 2020 issue of GEMS World of Education:
Flyer to share for 2020 Camps: Inspirit AI Summer Camp Brochure 2020
AI Summer Program by Stanford PhDs at GEMS Wellington Academy, Al Khail, Dubai UAE (WEK)
Artificial intelligence is the defining technology of our times, powering radical innovation across industries such as healthcare, education, transportation and more.
What is Inspirit AI Scholars?
Inspirit AI Scholars is a pre-college summer enrichment program that exposes high school students (Grades 9 – 12) globally to AI. The program is developed and taught exclusively by Stanford PhD and Masters students specializing in AI who travel to Dubai to teach. After completing the program Dubai and other locations last year, we are excited to bring the program back in summer 2020. Learn more at our website.
Why Inspirit AI?
- Start or advance your journey in AI through a 10-day camp. Understand a wide range of AI applications and develop AI programming skills.
- Collaborate with Stanford mentors on a socially impactful AI project and receive guidance on pursuing AI careers and ventures.
- Go through pre-college preparation workshops on project storytelling, CS/AI undergraduate program preparation, and essay writing.
When and Where?
We are excited to partner with GEMS to host the program at GEMS Wellington Academy, Al Khail from August 16th to August 27th, 2020 (weekdays only). Students may choose from the morning (8am to 12 Noon) or the afternoon (1:30pm to 5:30pm) batch.
Admissions and Prerequisites
No prior programming or CS background is required, but an interest in AI is appreciated. Students with programming experience will be placed in an advanced batch. Applications are due here by March 31st, 2020 and are processed on a rolling basis.
Program Costs: USD 1200
If you have any questions, please email Adeesh Goel (the Program Head) at email@example.com or call us at +1(650) 289-8553. Thank you!
- What is the AI camp in a nutshell, how did it come about and what makes it unique/special?
- AI Scholars, is a two-week project-based intensive for high school students covering both the technical knowledge, and the ethical considerations important to building powerful AI applications. Our instructors and students had a deeply enriching experience working together in Dubai this winter!
- We came together with the goal of making AI education accessible and engaging to students across the world. Our team consists of graduate students and alumni at Stanford University, pursuing research and work in different areas such as neuroscience, bioinformatics, autonomous vehicles, and more! We’re excited about the limitless potential to apply this technology for good. Moreover, teaching is our passion and we’re working on creative approaches to empower students to build AI projects, and make an impact in their area of interest! ⠀
- How has the camp been received by participating students and have you been impressed by their contributions?
- The students had an enriching experience and enjoyed both the technical, as well as the social components of the program. This was evident from their feedback and their exuberance during presentation day!
- “The course really did open my eyes to a new realm of possibilities that I was previously unaware of. The skills developed from this course are going to be quite helpful for me going forward and the newfound interest I have gained in this field might help me narrow down the pathway I want to take for my future. This was an incredible and eye opening experience for me and I would definitely do it again” – Neel Vora, GEMS Wellington International
- “The experience was amazing because it enabled me to learn new concepts and also practice critical thinking when asked a question to solve a problem. Furthermore, it enabled me to open up my mind about artificial intelligence and increase my interest towards artificial intelligence. It has also taught me how to work with different people and boosted my confidence.” – Naomi Oyiengo, Nova Pioneer Girls School, Kenya (she was one of the 7 girls who travelled from Kenya to Dubai to attend the program)
- “We were amazed by the curiosity, diligence, and creativity of our students. Some students went above and beyond with their projects, and made live applications to detect fake news, or perceive human emotions from images using computer vision, and solved other socially meaningful problems. Their excitement was infectious and kept the instructors motivated too! We cannot wait for what’s to come next!” – Inspirit AI Instructor
- Why is AI important and why should our young people be learning about it?Artificial intelligence is the defining technology of our times, powering radical innovation across industries such as healthcare, education, transportation, government and more. It is already being applied to almost every discipline on the planet. It does not matter what career path a student wants to pursue, AI will certainly be a part of it. Doctors use AI in innumerable ways to diagnose diseases through x-rays, etc., journalists use it to detect fake news, and governments use it for the efficient dissemination of food supplies during disaster. Our young generation must be equipped to handle the possibilities and ethical challenges that modern artificial intelligence will pose.
- Also, if details of your summer camp are confirmed, could you please share these – timing, location, scholarship opportunities, etc?
Location: Dubai American Academy
Dates: August 16th – August 27th 2020 (10 days, weekdays only).
Morning (8am – 12 Noon) or afternoon batch (1pm – 5pm).
Prerequisites: Students from complete beginner (beginner batch) to experienced programmers (advanced batch) may apply for the program at www.inspiritai.com.
For more information, contact:
Mr. Adeesh Goel
Inspirit AI Camps