Heriot Watt University | Engineer for a Day Online Workshop | Students age 15+ | July 1 at 10AM (GST)
Design Engineer for a Day
Heriot-Watt University online workshop on Wednesday, 1st July at 10AM – 4PM (GST)
Students age 15+ sign up now!
We have also listed this on our Facebook Post, if you would like to share on your social media channels: https://www.facebook.com/HWUEngineering/
Ever wondered what it might be like to be an Engineer? Here is your chance to experience what it would be like to be a “Design Engineer” at Heriot-Watt University. We have developed a number of interactive workshops to showcase our Engineering degree programmes (Mechanical; Energy; Automotive; Chemical; Electrical and Electronic; Robotics, Autonomous and Interactive Systems).
This first workshop on 1st July will focus on Design and Manufacture (video link), and includes:
- Webinar on Design Principles
- Online Tour and Demonstration of Advanced Manufacture Techniques
- Online Guidance to Design your own Product
- One-to-One Support on Demand
- Webinar on The Role of the Design Engineer
- Set-up of Laser-Cutting Manufacture
- Watch the Automated Manufacture of your Design Live on Facebook Live
Please sign up here and watch this space for further “Engineer for a Day” events!
Professor Tadhg S. O’Donovan BA BAI PhD
Associate Head of School – Dubai,
School of Engineering and Physical Sciences,
Guest Editor of Special Issue: “Thermal Management of High Concentrating Solar Cells