Summary and In Pictures
From: Rohan Roberts
Sent: Tuesday, February 4, 2020 12:21 PM
Subject: GEMS Future Talks – feedback and summary
Quick update about last week’s GEMSX Future Talks session held at WEK. We had over 80 students from 9 GEMS schools in attendance. The focus was on Future EdTech and its impact on education. If you’d like me to repeat some of this content for your students/teachers/parents do let me know.
We discussed the following:
- The impact of A.i. on Education and how it is being used in various schools around the world – particularly in China.
- The uses of Virtual Reality in education
- The influence of other emerging technologies like drones, 3d printing, and cloud computing on education.
- The changing student demographics as a result of emerging edtech.
- The rise of the gig economy and its impact on the economy
- Future skills and future work.
- The five drivers of change that will impact education:
- Automating choices
- Civic superpowers
- Accelerating brains
- Toxic narratives
- Remaking geographies
- The Edtech Landscape 3.0 as identified by Navitas Ventures, which analysed $50b invested in 15,000 edtech companies, that make 26 innovation clusters across eight steps of the next generation learning lifecycle.
Pics and audience feedback posted on http://www.GEMSXonline.com and MS Teams!
Mr. Rohan Roberts
Head of Future Learning
Tel: +971 (4) 512 9100 Ext. 602 WEK GEMSX Career Hub